Open to the entire community! Drop by and check us out.
- Fall Chess Online starts Sept 19, 2020! For info and registration, please click here.
- We’ll do every Saturday until Dec 5th, 3pm-6pm on Zoom led by our chess master Vadim (and maybe go later if enough folks join).
- NEW: intermediate group meets simultaneously 4:30-6pm – email me for details!
- Contact email@example.com
When and Where:
- Saturdays in 3 sessions (Fall, Winter, Spring). We meet for 3 hours.
- Usually Concord-Carlisle High School (CCHS). But during the pandemic we will be on Zoom
- Registration instructions: http://concordcarlislechess.org/home/registration/
- Just want to check us out but not register yet? Just drop by or even better, let us know you are coming by writing firstname.lastname@example.org
High school students, middle school students, adults and some passionate elementary school students. Anyone is welcome who loves chess and wants to play for fun with an opportunity to improve. We are a parent/adult run organization sponsored by the Concord-Carlisle Regional School District (Massachusetts). We also include some participants from the surrounding towns.
What are our meetings like?
We spend most of the time playing each other, and some of it with instruction from our chess master, Vadim Martirosov. Vadim also works one-on-one with each member for some personal instruction.
For those interested, we will coordinate participation in regional scholastic tournaments. We host our own tournaments as well.
How do I register?
Do I need to come for all 3 hours? What if the time doesn’t work for me?
Everyone has competing schedules and a number of our members come for only part of the time (especially because of soccer). If you can’t come at all, let us know a better time. You can influence our time block next semester. Email email@example.com
Can I see what it is like before joining?
Absolutely. Everyone is welcome to join us for a Saturday or two each semester before joining. On joining there is a fee to help pay for our chess master. New in 2018: Adults are free! We want to encourage community participation.
Do beginners participate?
While some of our members are advanced, we do have beginners from 4th-12th grade who already know the rules but haven’t learned tactics and strategy. They learn quickly.
We generally encourage elementary aged kids to join the 1 hour chess programs at their elementary schools to learn the basics, and then come to us when they love chess enough to want more than 1 hour a week. An exception to this is is when an member brings their younger sibling or a friend and helps them along. Whole families are welcome.
For more information
Contact a member: firstname.lastname@example.org